Deposit by May 1 for Early Decision Perks!


Transfer Students

How to Transfer to SEU

We’re so excited that you’re considering SEU! Transferring schools is a big decision, so we’ve put together a one-stop place for everything you need to know to make this time of transition as stress-free as possible. Let’s get started!

Not sure whether you’re considered a transfer student? Check these parameters to determine your next step. 

Will your credit hours transfer to SEU? We have collaborated with the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) from College Source to help you see how your credits may transfer. Simply follow this link, choose the school(s) you have previously attended, and search the courses that you have already completed. (Note: This list is continually updated.)

Don’t see your school or your completed classes? Don’t worry! We may still be able to transfer your credits. Connect with our Office of Admission to see how your credits may transfer.

  • Depending on your chosen major, some of your previously-completed credit hours will transfer in as electives and count toward your overall number of earned credit hours. 
  • Some degree programs have unique foundational core course requirements to meet external accreditation and licensing requirements. These courses are still required for transfer students.
  • Dean or Department Chair approval is required to make course evaluations for major core courses. This is because sometimes, a course taken at another institution with the same or similar title is not the same as what is offered or required at SEU.
  • Additionally, some SEU-specific courses may be required.
  • Visit the SEU Catalog for our full transfer credit policy.
  • The following types of coursework will not be accepted for credit:
    • Credits earned at non-accredited institutions (unless there is an articulation agreement in place)
    • Remedial/development-level courses
    • Coursework completed outside of the State of Florida that received a grade of C- or below. (SEU will accept coursework that received a grade of D or above for courses earned as part of an associate degree awarded by an institution in the State of Florida.) 
  • New transfer students must submit an official transcript from all previous institutions to the Office of Admission,

  • An official transcript must be submitted in a sealed envelope or electronically delivered from the college or university. We will not accept an opened transcript as official. Southeastern University requires all college-level work to be represented on an officially approved and sealed transcript from the originating institution in order to award credit for transferred courses.  

  • Credits accepted in transfer must be graded with a “C” (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher.

  • 25 percent of the credit hours for any program must be earned at Southeastern University.

View our credit transfer policy here.

  1. Visit and check the box labeled Transfer when beginning your application.
  2. Once you have submitted your application, visit our admission requirements page and choose the Transfer Student tab to see how to submit the additional documentation needed for admission. 
  3. Follow all of the admission steps and financial aid steps for undergraduate students.

Please note:

  • We still require high school transcripts if you have completed under 60 college credits. 
  • Credits with the grade of “C” or higher, earned at an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, are transferred on an unconditional basis, with the exception of developmental, vocational, technical or occupational courses. 
  • Once admitted to SEU, a student can request a transcript audit in order to know what his or her courses are substituting for. 
  • Students who wish to transfer credits from a school that is not regionally accredited may petition the Office of the Registrar for an exception to the policy by requesting their credits be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.

We hosts visit events throughout the year, so come on over! You can join us for any visit event or daily visit — or come to Transfer Day, which is designed just for students looking to transfer to SEU.

Sign up for an upcoming visit here.

Questions? Connect with admission here.

Need a new school?

You're welcome at SEU!

Is your current college closing, changing formats, or reducing programs?

We’d be honored to have you as part of the Fire Family! Times of transition can be difficult, so that’s why our team is here to help you every step of the way. 

In fact, to get you started, enter the code that corresponds to your current school to apply for FREE.

  • King’s College
    use code KINGS

  • St. Leo University
    use code STLEO

  • Trinity International (Chicago)
    use code TRINITY

  • Iowa Wesleyan
    use code IOWA

In addition to our transfer details above, check out these helpful links.

Questions? Connect with admission here.

What is a transfer student?

This might seem like a simple question with an obvious answer. However, being a transfer student doesn’t just mean you have already earned some college credit. Choose your next step based on the parameters below.


You are considered a transfer student if you have earned 12 or more credit hours directly from a college or university after high school graduation.

These may be classes that you have taken on campus or online from a regionally accredited institution.

Any credits you have earned via AP, CLEP, or dual enrollment may also transfer to SEU in addition to those you plan to transfer from your prior college.

First Time in College Student

We gladly accept college credit earned while in high school (via dual enrollment, AP, or CLEP). However you are not considered a transfer student if these are the only ways in which you have earned college credit so far, or if you have earned less than 12 credit hours at another college or university. We invite you to apply for undergraduate admission as a traditional student. Your enrollment counselor will help you determine how your incoming credits can be applied toward your degree.

Get Involved at SEU

Play Video

Transfer Stories

What happens when you transfer colleges? Check out these stories to find out.

Note for Students with Disabilities
Southeastern University is committed to ensuring equal access to all programs for people with disabilities. If you would like to receive accommodations while attending Southeastern University, please contact the SEU Office of Academic & Auxiliary Services at or 863.667.5283. Visit for our policies and additional information.